Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1877

07 March 2014

1877 – Christian Union Buildings, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The Christian Union Buildings in Lower Abbey Street were erected on the site of the Metropolitan Hall, formerly the Music Hall. The Metropolitan was a centre of Evangelicalism in...

04 March 2014

1877 – Irish Temperance League, Nos.16-20 Lombard Street, Belfast

Architect: Joseph C. Marsh 4-storey, 3-bay, stucco building constructed to house a temperance café which operated until 1966. The architect Joseph C. Marsh was a Quaker working in Belfast who was hired by...

20 February 2014

1877 – Thomastown Viaduct, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Charles R. Galwey Published in The Engineer, April 19 1879. Designed for the Waterford & Central Ireland Railway Company. The bridge originally opened in 1850 with a wooden central span of timber...

12 July 2013

1877 – Church of the Assumption, Delvin, Co. Westmeath

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Fine French Gothic church designed by G.C. Ashlin. Not completed as originally designed, the spire never achieved its intended height. A story has it that the design wasn’t originally intended...

15 May 2013

1877 – Christ Church of Ireland, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: John Kennedy Described as the new St. Comghall’s Church in the architecture press, but named Christ Church. The foundation stone was laid on Tuesday, November 17, 1874, by the Duchess of Abercorn,...

21 March 2013

1877 – The Margate Skating Rink & Aquarium, Kent

Architect: Mr. Bedborough The Margate Skating Rink & Aquarium, Kent as proposed and published in The Builder, September 8th 1877. The imposing title of the Marine Palace was that chosen by its Victorian...

16 March 2013

1877 – New Lodge, Chislehurst, Kent

Architect: George Somers Clarke Designed for Dr. Saunders and published in The Building News, May 18th 1877.

01 March 2013

1877 – Brighton School of Art & Science, Sussex

Architect: J.G. Gibbins In January 1875, a provisional contract for the erection of the new School of Art was approved and, in the following months, Alexander Fisher advised the Building Committee about the...

03 November 2012

1877 – St. Andrew’s Halls, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: James Sellars With its massive and striking classical facade, with four large sculptured groups by artist John Mossman, St. Andrew’s Hall was funded by a private company to meet the demand for...

Pages:1234567...14Next »