Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1877

24 October 2012

1877 – Third Premiated Design, Wakefield Town Hall, Yorkshire

Architect: Austin Johnnson & Hicks Third premiated design in architectural competition to design a new townhall. Published in The Building News, June 8th 1877.

24 October 2012

1877 – Competitive design for Educational Buildings, Nottingham

Architect: Roper & Sutton Competitive design for educational buldings, published in The Building News, March 16th 1877.

15 October 2012

1877 – Cragside, Northumberland

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Designed for Lord Armstrong – Victorian inventor, innovator and landscaper. Cragside house was truly a wonder of its age. A Victorian fantasy – its Tudor-style wood beams, turrets and...

09 October 2012

1877 – The Royal Bank of Scotland, 1 Bishopsgate, London

Architect: Thomas Chatfield Clarke Design for Royal Bank of Scotland building. No longer in use as a bank, and since the re-numbering of Bishopsgate Mo.1. A fine classical facade with a large well-lit...

09 October 2012

1877 – The Church of St. Agnes, Kennington, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Demolished after World War II following serious bomb damage. This church is described in The Buildings of England, London 2: South as “one of the noblest Gothic Revival...

09 October 2012

1877 – The London Mission House, New Broad Street, London

Architect: E.C. Robins Original design as proposed and published in The Builder, September 29th 1877.

02 October 2012

1877 – The Pringsheim Residence, Wilhelmsstrasse, Berlin, Germany

Architect: Ebe & Benda Elaborate villa from a rich Berlin family at the height of the German Empire. Rudolf Pringsheim was a leading Prussian railway owner, and this his “palace” was the first...

02 October 2012

1877 – Ernst Moritz Arndt Tower, Rugen, Germany

Architect: Hermann Eggert The Ernst Moritz Arndt Tower stands on the German Baltic Sea island of RĂ¼gen and was built to mark the 100th anniversary of the German poet, Ernst Moritz Arnd. Built...

20 September 2012

1877 – The Von Tiele-Winckler Mansion, Regentenstrasse, Berlin

Architect: Ebe & Benda From the 1820s onwards, members of Berlin`s middle class moved in increasing numbers to Friedrichstadt and built two to four-storey villas with large and decorative gardens. The area subsequently...