Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1877

09 October 2012

1877 – The London Mission House, New Broad Street, London

Architect: E.C. Robins Original design as proposed and published in The Builder, September 29th 1877.

02 October 2012

1877 – The Pringsheim Residence, Wilhelmsstrasse, Berlin, Germany

Architect: Ebe & Benda Elaborate villa from a rich Berlin family at the height of the German Empire. Rudolf Pringsheim was a leading Prussian railway owner, and this his “palace” was the first...

02 October 2012

1877 – Ernst Moritz Arndt Tower, Rugen, Germany

Architect: Hermann Eggert The Ernst Moritz Arndt Tower stands on the German Baltic Sea island of RĂ¼gen and was built to mark the 100th anniversary of the German poet, Ernst Moritz Arnd. Built...

20 September 2012

1877 – The Von Tiele-Winckler Mansion, Regentenstrasse, Berlin

Architect: Ebe & Benda From the 1820s onwards, members of Berlin`s middle class moved in increasing numbers to Friedrichstadt and built two to four-storey villas with large and decorative gardens. The area subsequently...

14 September 2012

1877 – Civil Service Supply Association, Bedford Street, London

Architect: Lockwood & Mawson Although much less spectacular than some of their warehouses and market buildings, the exterior of this large four-storeyed building is an interesting example of Lockwood and Mawson’s Roman Renaissance...

14 September 2012

1878 – Reichsbank, Berlin, Germany

Architect: Friedrich Hitzig Design for the new Imperial Bank or Reichsbank. Destroyed in 1945. Published in The Builder, June 23rd 1877.

11 September 2012

1877 – Design for The Church of The Sacre ‘Coeur, Montmarte, Paris

Architect: R. Phene Spier & C.J. Phipps Unsuccessful design published in The Architect, December 26th 1877. Designed as a political and cultural monument, both a national penance for the supposed excesses of the...

21 August 2012

1877 – Proposed Mansion at Southbank, Surbiton, Surrey

Architect: Rowland Plumbe Proposed mansion for Wiberforce Bryant Esq., and published in The Building News, May 18th 1877.

18 August 2012

1877 – Cahernane House, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.F. Fuller Once one of the smaller country houses of the Herbert, Earls of Pembroke. Originally known as Cahirnane, it is a fairly plain house with gabled and large victorian plate glass...