Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1877

01 September 2010

1877 – The Camden Schools for Girls, Kentish Town, London

Architect: E.C. Robins Founded in 1871 by the suffragette Frances Mary Buss, who also founded North London Collegiate School, the Camden School for Girls was one of the first girls’ schools in England....

26 August 2010

1877 – Colin Hunter’s House & Studio, Kensington, London

Architect: J.J. Stevenson Including Elevations,Sections & Plans as published in The Building News, June 25th, 1880. Designed for Colin Hunter (1841-1904), a major nineteenth century Scottish etcher and painter of marine sunjects. In...

24 August 2010

1877 – Residence at Cambridge

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Residence at Cambridge including ground plans published in The Building News, February 16th 1877.

24 August 2010

1877 – Gardeners Cottage, South Park, Wadhurst, Sussex

Architect: Holtom & Connon Illustration with elevations, sections & plans as published in The Building News, March 30th 1877.

24 August 2010

1877 – House in Bloomsbury Square, London

Architect: T.E. Collcutt Perspective view published in The Building News, June 29th 1877.

19 August 2010

1877 – Public House & Working Men’s Club, Upper Norwood, London

Architect: T.E.C Streatfeild The “British Workman” public house & Working Men’s Club, at Westow Street,Upper Norwood and published in The Building News. March 2nd 1877. The British Workman movement started in the north...

19 August 2010

1877 – ‘Sunnycote’, Hampstead, London

Architect: Batterbury & Huxley Designed for for John Ingle Lee esq. and published in The Building News, February 23rd 1877.

18 August 2010

1877 – Private Chapel, Lamington, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Chancel & Crypt to be added to Private Chapel for Baillie Cochrane esq. M.P. Published in he Building News, June 8th 1877. The Chapel was built in 1857 and was...

18 August 2010

1877 – Entrance Lodge, The Friary, Old Windsor, Berkshire

Architect: C.H. Howell Elevations, Plans & Section designed for Francis Ricardo esq. and published in The Building News, March 16th 1877.