Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1877

19 August 2010

1877 – ‘Sunnycote’, Hampstead, London

Architect: Batterbury & Huxley Designed for for John Ingle Lee esq. and published in The Building News, February 23rd 1877.

18 August 2010

1877 – Private Chapel, Lamington, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Chancel & Crypt to be added to Private Chapel for Baillie Cochrane esq. M.P. Published in he Building News, June 8th 1877. The Chapel was built in 1857 and was...

18 August 2010

1877 – Entrance Lodge, The Friary, Old Windsor, Berkshire

Architect: C.H. Howell Elevations, Plans & Section designed for Francis Ricardo esq. and published in The Building News, March 16th 1877.

17 August 2010

1886 – Kensington Gore Mansions, Kensington, London

Architect: Driver & Rew Perspective View ~ Ground & Upper Floor plans as published in The Building News, March 9th 1877. Kensington Gore, London (1879-86) was one of the first block of flats...

25 June 2010

1877 – State House, Columbia, South Carolina

Architect: John R. Niernsee Construction originally began in 1851, but the original architect was dismissed for fraud and dereliction of duty. Shortly afterwards, the structure was largely dismantled because of defective materials and...

03 June 2010

1887 – New Church at Haydock, Lancashire

Architect: George Smith Published in The Building News, September 23rd 1887

03 June 2010

1877 – Staircase & Hall, Rufford Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Hornblower & Son Published in The Building News, October 7th 1887. The second hall built by the Heskeths in Rufford. This building was turned from a stately home, to a hospital and...

23 February 2010

1877 – Hotel, Arcade & Chambers, Hope Street, Glasgow

Architect: Peddie & Kinnear Built in a modified form without the central archway, and still in use for a varied collection of businesses. The building has two curving corners at either end. To...

23 February 2010

1877 – Llandudno Gardens & Aquarium, Wales

Architect: Driver & Rew Perspective View including ground plans as published in The Building News, March 16th1877.