Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878

31 December 2015

1878 – Weir’s Bridge, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh

Architect: Edward Fowler The bridge carried the Sligo, Leitrim and Northern Counties Railway across the River Erne from the Great Northern Railway Station at Enniskillen to the Midland Great Western Railway near Ballisodare...

20 August 2015

1878 – Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Queen St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons A three-storey building finished in Scrabo sandstone set back from the main building line of Queen Street. The Hospital moved to the Falls Road in the 1930s. The...

14 January 2015

1878 – Parsonage, Malone Road, Belfast

Architect: William Batt Design for a parsonage in the rapidly developing and affluent area of Malone in Belfast

08 January 2015

1878 – St. Vincent de Paul Orphanage, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: John Sterling Butler / John L. Robinson Opened in 1857, where the apartments in Dalcassian Downs now stand. This had accommodation for 150 boys and also provided school facilities. Known as St...

04 December 2014

1878 – National Schools, Holywood, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Published in The Irish Builder, Jan 15 1878.

21 November 2014

1878 – Olderfleet Hotel, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close Three storey hotel constructed for sea travellers next to the harbour. The interior boasted several large reception rooms. Demolished and replaced with a public house.

12 August 2014

1878 – Business Premises, Lombard St., Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons “Our illustration with this issue shows the new premises at the corner of Lombard-street and Rosemary-street, Belfast, which will shortly be completed for Mr Patrick McGuinness, the well-known...

16 July 2014

1878 – High Altar, SS. Michael & John’s Church, Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson The former Church of Saints Michael & John was built in 1813. Although the external fabric of the Church of SS. Michael and John still stands, the interior was...

14 May 2014

1878 – Warehouses, Merchants Quay, Waterford

Architect: Walter G. Doolin “We publish herewith an illustration of a new warehouse about to be erected for Messrs. Power and Co., Merchants-quay, Waterford. The ground storey will be of Bagnalstown granite, Portland...

Pages:1234567...17Next »