Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878

27 June 2009

1878 – Hereford Cathedral, Herefordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

26 June 2009

1878 – House, West Brighton Estate, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: W. Galsworthy-Davie Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans published in The Building News, August 16th 1878. “This building, which we favourably noticed in our review of building works on the...

26 June 2009

1878 – Residence at Woburn Park, Surrey

Architect: Theophilus Allen Published in The Building News, August 30th 1878. “The illustration is taken from a drawing in this year’s Academy. The house is now being erected on a fine well-timbered site...

26 June 2009

1878 – The New Lodge, Beddington Park, Surrey

Architect: Joseph Clarke Described in The Building News: “Beddington Park, the seat of the ancient family of Carews for many centuries, was sold under an Act of Parliament, and subsequently purchased by the...

26 June 2009

1878 – Entrance Lodge, Bramfield Hall, Suffolk

Architect: W. Pells & Son “The boundary walls and stone piers were erected as shown by our view last year, and the entrance lodge, of which we also give a plan, is about...

25 June 2009

1878 – Adcote, Shropshire

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw

25 June 2009

1878 – Private Chapel, Tyntesfield, Gloucestershire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Published in The Building News, October 18th 1878. “This chapel is attached to the residence of the late William Gibbs, Esq., the munificent founder of the chapel of Keble...

24 June 2009

1878 – Great Alne Hall, Warwickshire

Architect: G.H. Hunt In 1878 Great Alne Hall was built, the presumption being that it took the place of an original manor house. The hall was later replaced by a smaller house in...

24 June 2009

1878 – New Bank for Messrs. Pinckney Bros., Salisbury, Wiltshire

Architect: H. Hall Everett & Co. first opened a bank in Salisbury in 1811, situated in the Old Weavers’ Hall, Endless Street. After changes in ownership it became known as Pinckney Brothers in...