Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1878

15 October 2012

1878 – Killarney House, Co. Kerry

Architect: George Devey Designed as a replacement for Kenmare House of 1726 as the seat of the Earls of Kenmare. Legend has it that the site was selected by Queen Victoria on her...

03 October 2012

1878 – Derby School of Art, Derbyshire

Architect: Waller & Son The former Derby Central School of Art dating from late 1878 and was home for many years to an arthouse cinema. Quite a bizarre-looking building with toplit studio space...

11 August 2012

1878 – St. John’s Church & Vicarage, Stamford Hill, London

Architect: Spencer W. Grant Perspective View including ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, March 21st 1879. “This church, completed last year, is built of red bricks, Red terracotta and...

09 August 2012

1878 – St Mary’s Cathedral, Tuam, Co. Galway

Architect: Thomas Newenham Deane This, the third Cathedral to be built in Tuam, was built on the site of the first cathedral and incorporated a Hiberno-Romanesque arch that remained onsite. The building is...

19 July 2012

1878 – Cabman’s Shelter, Bradford, Yorkshire

Architect: T.H. & F. Healey Elevations & Ground Plan published in The Building News,April 5th 1878.

19 July 2012

1878 – Christ Church, North Kensington, London

Architect: J.E.K. Cutts Design selected for proposed new church published in The Building News, August 23rd 1878. “We this week give an illustration of the successful competitive design for this building. The church...

13 July 2012

1878 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Privett, Hampshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield In 1863, William Nicholson of the firm of J&W Nicholson & Co, gin distillers, bought the nearby estate of Basing Park. Many of the buildings in Privett were built...

02 July 2012

1878 – Restoration of Church of St.Mary, North Petherton, Somerset

Architect: W. Scott Champion A 15th century Church, located in the centre of the village, with a 109 foot three stage tower.The tower dates from the 1540′s and is one of the finest...

02 July 2012

1878 – Church of St. Mary, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire

Architect: Goldie & Child St. Mary’s Church was dedicated in August 1878 and early the following year became the Cathedral of the New See of Middlesbrough. The tower was not executed and the...