Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1879

17 August 2015

1879 – Kelly Monument, Roden Place, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robert McArdle Constructed in 1879 to commemorate aa marine tragedy of 1858. It has carved sandstone panels to the east and west consisting of anchor and bollard (west) and storm-tossed ship (east)....

29 July 2015

1879 – Presbyterian Memorial Secession Church Buildings, Botanic Ave., Belfast

Architect: Young & Mackenzie A three bay church in rough sandstone constructed between 1877-79, it became the Kingham Mission for the Deaf in 1899. Now only a retained facade as the site was...

28 July 2015

1879 – Our Lady of the Assumption, Magherafelt, Co. Derry

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne Large French Gothic style church with triple recessed pointed arch doorway and tall three stage tower. “The church, which we illustrate in this issue, is in course of erection...

28 July 2015

1879 – Gransha Presbyterian Church, Comber, Co. Down

Architect: Henry Chappell “This Church (the foundation stone of which was laid by Mr. H. L. Mulholland on the 7th October last, in the unavoidable absence of his father, John Mulholland, Esq., M.P.,...

14 July 2015

1879 – Glenmachan House, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Thomas Jackson & Sons “For William Ewart, Esq., J.P>, Belfast, there is being erected a large-sized villa with four sitting rooms, eight bed-rooms, hot and cold baths, lavatory, two w.c.’s, ample pantries...

14 July 2015

1879 – Entrance Lodge, Johnston-Kennedy, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

Architect: R.A. Gray Originally a part of the Johnstown Kennedy Estate which was granted to Sir John Charles Kennedy around 1750. It comprised 382 acres on which he built a three-storey Georgian house....

07 May 2014

1879 – Mortuary Chapel, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The present-day entrance gates, offices and mortuary chapel at Glasnevin were designed by J.J. McCarthy (1817 -1882), Ireland’s pre-eminent architect of Catholic churches. Hiberno-Romanesque in style, a symbol of the...

18 March 2014

1879 – Great Northern Railway Offices, Amiens Street, Dublin

Architect: John Lanyon Designed as offices, constructed in brick and sandstone, and with an Italianate tower which ties in with the towers of the earlier main station building by William Deane Butler. The...

01 March 2014

1879 – William Brunton & Co., No.43 Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater New furniture warehouse, Henry St. for Messrs. W. Brunton and Co. Destroyed during the Easter Rising of 1916. Published in The Irish Builder, December 1 1879.

Pages:1234567...21Next »

Skip to toolbar