Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1879

05 October 2009

1879 – Tower House, Bedford Park, Chiswick, London

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Designed by Richard Norman Shaw for Jonathan Carr, developer of Bedford Park, and was built in 1878. It had 16 rooms and tennis and badminton courts in its grounds....

01 October 2009

1879 – Rawdon House, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Perspective view published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880. Rawdon House was originally built in 1622 by Marmaduke Rawdon, and extended in 1879. The Jacobean and Victorian...

01 October 2009

1879 – New Clothing Manufactory & Warehouse, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Thomas Ambler Front Perspective View including plan as published in The Building News, January 17th 1879. Now a Grade II* listed Moorish factory, converted to offices of St Paul’s House in Park...

29 September 2009

1879 – Headland Buildings, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: George Corson “The building shown in our illustration was completed in the early part of this year, and has been erected from the designs of Mr. George Corson, architect, of Leeds. The...

24 September 2009

1879 – Library & Museum, Ipswich, Suffolk

Architect: Horace Cheston A replacement building for the town museum which is built in a 17th Century style, was the result of a design competition, won by Horace Cheston. Perspective View & Elevations...

23 September 2009

1879 – Firth College, School Board Offices & Central Schools, Sheffield, Yorkshire

Architect: Flockton & Abbott / Edward Robert Robson Perspective view and ground plan published in The Building News, October 17th 1879. “But the principal schools, indeed, we may say the chief work now...

23 September 2009

1879 – University College, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Coleman & Willcox Design Submitted by Stuart Coleman & William J. Willcox, and published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879. “The two-story building consists of a broad central corridor, with the...

23 September 2009

1879 – Convent of Mercy Chapel, Bantry, Co. Cork

Architect: S.F. Hynes The chapel was a later addition to the Romanesque Revival complex, and was designed by S.F. Hynes. “This chapel is to be built in connection with the Convent of Mercy,...

21 September 2009

1879 – St Finn Barre’s Cathedral, Cork

Architect: William Burges Sited on a hillside above the south channel of the River Lee, St Finn Barre’s Cathedral is a miniature cathedral but a decorative giant. The exterior of this quite small...


Skip to toolbar