Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1879

27 March 2012

1879 – 2 Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, London

Architect: Edward Vigers Published in The Building News, September 26th 1879, as a residence for S.B. Clark esq. “This is an illustration of a new front that has been put to an old...

11 March 2012

1879 – St. Vincent Ferrer Church, New York

Architect: Demolished in 1914 so as to begin construction of a new one designed by Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue, who had recently struck out on his own from Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson.

07 March 2012

1879 – Church, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Proposed and unbuilt design for Canon Smithwick.

17 January 2012

1879 – Warehouses, Bartholomew Close, London

Architect: Aston Webb “This building stands on an area of over 8,000 square feet, and occupies a very open position in Bartholomew-close, replacing three houses which bad been converted into a warehouse, but...

19 October 2011

1879 – St. Nicholas Church, Carrick-on-suir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Italian Romaneque style church by George C. Ashlin. A fine detached campanile alongside adds vertical emphasis. The interior is Ashlin’s interpretation of a roman basicilia. The church was began in...

02 July 2011

1879 – St. Silas Church, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: Samuel Musgrave From The Architect October 25, 1879,: “St Silas is described as being designed in a simple style of Gothic, and executed in best quality plain red stock brick, stone being...

04 January 2011

1879 – Commerical Building, New Bond Street, London

Architect:J.T. Wimperis Perspective view of new building at corner New Bond Street & Conduit Street published in The Building News, March 21st 1879.

04 January 2011

1879 – Herne Hill Mission Competition, London

Architects: William Penstone, J.E.K. Cutts, Aston Webb A selection of designs published in The Building News, December 12th 1879. It is unclear if the winning design was ever constructed. The instructions issued to...

03 January 2011

1879 – St. Mary’s Church, Truro, Devon

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn Perspective view, plans & details showing new church to the west published in The Building News, February 7th 1879.