Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1879

17 January 2012

1879 – Warehouses, Bartholomew Close, London

Architect: Aston Webb “This building stands on an area of over 8,000 square feet, and occupies a very open position in Bartholomew-close, replacing three houses which bad been converted into a warehouse, but...

19 October 2011

1879 – St. Nicholas Church, Carrick-on-suir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Italian Romaneque style church by George C. Ashlin. A fine detached campanile alongside adds vertical emphasis. The interior is Ashlin’s interpretation of a roman basicilia. The church was began in...

02 July 2011

1879 – St. Silas Church, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: Samuel Musgrave From The Architect October 25, 1879,: “St Silas is described as being designed in a simple style of Gothic, and executed in best quality plain red stock brick, stone being...

04 January 2011

1879 – Commerical Building, New Bond Street, London

Architect:J.T. Wimperis Perspective view of new building at corner New Bond Street & Conduit Street published in The Building News, March 21st 1879.

04 January 2011

1879 – Herne Hill Mission Competition, London

Architects: William Penstone, J.E.K. Cutts, Aston Webb A selection of designs published in The Building News, December 12th 1879. It is unclear if the winning design was ever constructed. The instructions issued to...

03 January 2011

1879 – St. Mary’s Church, Truro, Devon

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn Perspective view, plans & details showing new church to the west published in The Building News, February 7th 1879.

15 November 2010

1879 – New Vestry Hall, Bromley, Kent

Architect: A. & C. Harston Parish of Bromley Saint Leonard, perspective including ground plans & 1st floor plans from The Building News, June 13th 1879. “The foundation-stone of this building was laid on...

12 November 2010

1879 – Lych Gate, St.Peters Church, Carmarthen, Wales

Architect: F.E. Jones Accepted design by F.E. Jones & 2nd place design by J.M. Brooks. St. Peter’s Church is the largest Parish Church in Wales and also has the longest nave being 60...

12 November 2010

1879 – New Town Hall, Loftus, Yorkshire

Architect: E.R. Robson Perspective view and ground plan published in The Building News, May 30th 1879. Loftus Town Hall was built by the Earl of Zetland, erected by Mr Thomas Dickenson of Saltburn,...


Skip to toolbar