Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1879

29 December 2009

1879 – Denton Hall, Grantham, Lincolnshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield The original Denton Manor was a stone mansion, but nearly all rebuilt in 1816-17. In 1842, The Welby family took over and between 1879 and 83 rebuilt the house...

10 December 2009

1879 – Lambeth Dwellings, London

Architect: Elijah Hoole At a site at the junction of Kennington & Lambeth Roads, London.S.E., published in The Building News, December 26th. 1879. “The site of Surrey Lodge, at the intersectiou of the...

03 December 2009

1879 – Church of St. John the Evangelist, Red Lion Square, Holborn, London

Architect: John L. Pearson Perspective view published in The Building News, January 3rd 1879.

22 November 2009

1879 – Villas, Green Hill, Hampstead, London

Architect: Theodore K. Green Published in The Building News. January 3rd 1879. “These villas of which an illustration is given in our present issue, are now in course of erection in this favoured...

13 November 2009

1879 – Holborn Union Infirmary, Highgate, London

Architect: H. Saxon Snell & Son In 1877-9, a new Union infirmary was erected at the west side of Archway Road, in Highgate. It was designed by Henry Saxon Snell, who was also...

13 November 2009

1879 – North London Consumptive Hospital, Hampstead, London

Architect: T. Roger Smith The North London (later Mount Vernon) Hospital for Consumption and Diseases of the Chest was founded in 1860 in Fitzroy Square (St. Pancras), but moved to an old house...

12 November 2009

1879 – Municipal Buildings, Greenock, Scotland

Architect: H.& D. Barclay In 1879 Charles Barry, Junior, President of the Royal Institute of British Architects, awarded the Barclays the commission for the new Municipal Buildings at Greenock. It was then by...

12 November 2009

1879 – Cathedral of the Assumption, Thurles, Co. Tipperary

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The Cathedral of the Assumption is the fourth church to be built on this site. The first one recorded was a Carmelite church built in the early fourteenth century. After...

10 November 2009

1879 – Church of St. Mary, Speenhamland, Berkshire

Architect: George Edmund Street Perspective view as published in The Building News, May 30th 1879.