Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


11 November 2015

1880 – House, Ardlough, Co. Derry

Architect: Frederick H. Godwin “This house stands a little way out of the City of Londonderry, and is beautifully situated on the banks of the River Faughan. The ground floor contains: – entrance...

11 November 2015

1879 – House, Chapel-Hill, Derry

Architect: Frederick H. Godwin Born in Donegal, Frederick H. Godwin and his elder brother, William Arthur Godwin, were working in the London office of his uncle Edward W. Godwin. Unfortunately, in 187,1 but...

16 September 2015

1880 – Wesleyan School & Chapel, Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Holbrook / William Stirling Built over ten years by two architects – the chapel of 1872-74 by Thomas Holbrook; and the manse and school of 1880 by William Stirling. The illustration...

09 October 2014

1880 – Railway Station, Le Havre, France

Architect: M.J. Lisch The second railway station in Le Havre, built in 1880 to replace the original station of 1847. Replaced with a new station built in 1932 by Henri Pacon for the...

06 October 2014

1880 – Milford House, Armagh

Architect: Young & Mackenzie Heavily remodelled and extended by Young & Mackenzie in 1880 for local mill owner Robert Garmany Mc Crum. Described as the most technologically advanced house in 19th century Ireland...

12 May 2014

1880 – Design for Municipal Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: G.P. Beater Unsuccessful entry for new municipal buildings for Glasgow by Dublin architect George P. Beater. “We learn that the number of drawings sent in last year for the proposed municipal buildings...

21 April 2014

1880 – Selected design for offices Mercer’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: J.H. Brett Unbuilt design for new wing of Mercer’s Hospital. In 1884, a new wing was added to designs of the same architect J.H. Brett. “This hospital was founded in the year...

14 April 2014

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: J.H. Brett Submission for architectural competition to design a new central library for Cardiff. Submitted by Dublin architect J.H. Brett, the winning design was by architects James, Seward and Thomas,and was erected...

01 April 2014

1880 – Railway Station, Coalisland, Co. Tyrone

Coalisland railway station closed in the late 1950s and is now largely gone.

Pages:1234567...18Next »