Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1880

31 August 2009

1880 – St. Matthew’s Church, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin, Johnson & Hicks “This church, as will be seen from the plan, has been designed for a very peculiar and restricted site, which is surrounded by buildings on every side except...

31 August 2009

1880 – Offices in Addle Street, Aldermanbury, London

Architect: Edward H. Martineau Perspective view published in The Building News, December 3rd 1880. “The two houses Nos. 18 and 19 in the street, the front elevation of which we give as our...

29 August 2009

1880 – “New Club” Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: J. Salmon & Son An unsuccessful design in a competition won by Campbell, Douglas & Sellars which resulted in the building now known as James Sellars House.

28 August 2009

1880 – Cricket & Archery Pavilion, Beddington Park, Surrey

Architect: Joseph Clarke “This private pavilion, erected at a cost of over £3,000, stands in an enclosure of several acres in the midst of Beddington Park. It comprises, besides the covered verandah with...

24 August 2009

1880 – Proposed New Catholic Cathedral, Hong Kong, China

Architect: J. Chawley

24 August 2009

1880 – Boxmoor Schools, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

Architect: John Ladds “The Boxmoor Schools, built at Two AVaters, for the Hemel Hempsted School-Boaid, are situated on a narrow-fronted site of steeply- sloping ground facing the open common, about half a mile...

12 August 2009

1880 – Choir School, Kings College, Cambridge

Architect: W.M. Fawcett “The choir school for King’s College, Cambridge, has been built to accommodate sixteen boys, whom the college has undertaken the entire charge of. The building contains schoolroom, with lavatory, &c.,...

04 August 2009

1880 – West London School of Art, London

Architect: R.W. Edis Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, February 27th 1880.

21 July 2009

1880 – Coffee Palace & Workman’s Hall, Kensal Green, London

Architect: William Boutcher “Until within the last few years two farmhouses alone stood amidst the green pastures south of the Great Western Railway at Kensal Green. Narrow bridges, with gates across them, spanned...