Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1880

20 July 2009

1880 – Natural History Museum, Kensington, London

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Previously a section of the British Museum, Richard Owen, who was appointed Superintendent of the collection in 1856 wanted to expand the museum. Land in South Kensington was purchased, and...

14 July 2009

1880 – New Borough Asylum, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: Smith & Broderick The buildings enclose a double square, furnishing on either side a roomy airing-ground for the more troublesome of the patients. The central portion runs from south to north in...

13 July 2009

1880 – Commercial Premises, St. Vincent St & Lord Nelson St, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: John Douglas

13 July 2009

1880 – Chorlton Union Schools & Homes, Lancashire

Architect: Mangnall & Littlewood Birds Eye Perspective View including plan & Vignette of Interior Dining Room as published in The Building News January 23rd 1880.

08 July 2009

1880 – New Schools, Tetsworth, Oxfordshire

Architect: Arthur Vernon Perspective view & ground plan as published in The Building News, May 7th 1880.

08 July 2009

1880 – Brigade Depot, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: E. Ingress Bell Keep & Entrance Gates published in The Building News, November 19th 1880. “It comprises the guard-room and accessories, and the store for arms and accoutrements. It is a type...

07 July 2009

1880 – Day Industrial & Infants School, Gateshead, Northumberland

Architect: Oliver & Leeson Perspective view & ground plan as published in The Building News, March 26th 1880.

29 June 2009

1880 – Memorial Hall & Schools, Dover, Kent

Architect: A.T. Taylor Demolished. “This building is situate, with the main entrance in Priory-road, having a right of entrance also in Biggin-street. It has been erected for the requirements of a congregation gathered...

29 June 2009

1880 – Design for Proposed Town Hall, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: John Douglas Perpsective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, January 9th 1880.