Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


22 June 2009

1880 – West Devon & East Cornwall Hospital, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Coe & Robinson Published in The Building News, February 20th 1880.

16 June 2009

1880 – Club Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: Campbell Douglas & Sellars Perspective View published in The Building News, April 20th 1894. The “New Club” is one of James Sellars’ finest surviving buildings in Glasgow, and features sculpture by William...

12 June 2009

1880 – St. Francis Home, Shefford, Bedfordshire, England

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Between 1868 and 1974 Shefford was the site of St Francis’ Boy’s Home (an orphanage) that was situated upon the High Street next to the Roman Catholic Church of St...

09 June 2009

1880 – Kirkwood, Dumfriesshire, Scotland

Architect: Walter F. Lyon Perspective view published in The Building News, May 14th. 1880.

08 June 2009

1880 – Plas Llanychan, Wales

Architect: Arthur Baker “Plas Llanychan has been rebuilt, on the foundation of an old house which was in a dilapidated condition, for John Taber, Esq., of Claremont, near Ruthin. The work has been...

08 June 2009

1880 – Corner of Bute & Custom House Streets, Cardiff

Architect: John P. Jones “This block of buildings is now in course of erection for Mr. C. Kyte, on the corner of Bute and Customhouse streets, Cardiff. The site is part of the...

08 June 2009

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: James, Seward & Thomas The winning entry in a competition to design a new building for the Cardiff Free Library, Museum and Schools for Science and Art. Erected for just over £9,000,...

08 June 2009

1880 – Board of Trade, Cardiff

Architect: E.G. Rivers “The offices illustrated this week are to be devoted to the use of the Postal Telegraph Ser-vice, and the Mercantile Marine Department of the Board of Trade, and are situated...

08 June 2009

1880 – Cardiff Free Library & School of Art

Architect: Henry C. Harris Design for a new library and school submitted to architectural competition. Published in The Building News, June 4 1880.