Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


01 April 2013

1880 – St Raphael’s College, Loughrea, Co. Galway

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Former Convent of Mercy complex, now is use as a school. Later wing by W.H. Byrne & Son. The chapel is now in use as school sports hall. Quite a...

22 March 2013

1880 – Royal Exchange Assurance Co., No. 5 College Green, Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Office building in an Elizabethan Tudor style on the corner of College Green and Anglesea Street. Demolished in 1960s.

12 February 2013

1880 – Post Office, New York

Architect: Alfred B. Mullett Designed by architect Alfred B. Mullett for a triangular site across City Hall Park from New York City Hall. Built after an unsuccessful architectural competition where fifty-two designs were...

17 January 2013

1880 – Studio and Residence, Holland Park, London

Architect: George Aitchison “Last week we fully described this interesting house, at the same time giving plans, elevations, and a general perspective view. To-day our double-page plate illustrates the elaborate interior decorations of...

14 January 2013

1880 – Hawdon House, Hertfordshire

Architect: Ernest George & Peto “An interesting old building, bearing the date 1622 ; to this the architects have been adding a wing for Mr. Henry Eicardc, the owner. The choice of material...

03 January 2013

1880 – Field-Marshal Gough Statue, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Sculptor: John Henry Foley The statue was proposed in 1869, but Dublin Corporation turned down the various sites proposed including the then Carlisle Bridge, Foster Place and Westmoreland Street. At one stage, a...

19 July 2012

1880 – Church of St. Matthew’s, Burnley, Lancashire

Architect: William Waddington The original building was designed by William Waddington, who was a local Victorian architect, responsible for many of the buildings in Burnley town centre. St Matthew’s contained some notable stained...

19 July 2012

1880 – Houses, Cadogan Square, Chelsea, London

Architect: A.J. Adams “These houses, which form part of a long terrace of similar buildings, are from designs furnished by A. J. Adams, architect, 18, Queen’s-road, Bayswater, W. ; and thty were built...

19 July 2012

1880 – National Penny Bank, Victoria St., London

Architect: Henman & Harrison Described as “Premises in course of erection for C.C.T Bartley inc., containing the Head Offices of The National Penny Bank Ltd., suites of offices and residential chambers” Published in...