Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


03 July 2012

1880 – National Hospital for Paralysed & Epileptic, Bloomsbury, London

Architect: M.P. Manning Founded in 1859 and originally called The National Hospital for Diseases of the Nervous System including Paralysis and Epilepsy. For Powis Place, Bloomsbury. Published in The Building News, January 9th...

03 July 2012

1880 – National Penny Bank & Artizans Dwellings, Clerkenwell, London

Architect: Henman & Harrison Illustration in The Building News, October 29th 1880. According to The Builder, August 7 1880: “This extensive pile of buildings, at the oorner of St. John’s-square and Clerkenwell-road, has...

02 July 2012

1880 – Thistleton Hall, Suffolk

Architect: Brightwen Binyon Enlarged from Designs by Brightwen Binyon A.R.I.B.A. and published in The Building News, April 2nd 1880. Demolished in 1955.

12 June 2012

1880 – Post Office, St. Aldate’s, Oxford

Architect: E.G. Rivers Still in use as a post office today, but sympathetically extended in the early 20th century, the building as designed is still visible. During the extension, the projecting part of...

09 April 2012

1880 – Glamorganshire Banking Company, Aberavon, Glamorganshire

Architect: J.B. Fowler Bank branch for the Glamorganshire Banking Company – eventually a part of Lloyds Bank. “This building is now in course of erection in the main street of the town. The...

29 March 2012

1880 – No.57 Jermyn Street, London

Architect: Archer & Green Designed for for W.G. Skinner esq. Perspective including ground & 1st.floor plans published in The Building News, April 30th 1880. Built as illustrated and still in use today as...

22 November 2011

1880 – House Design, Co. Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell Drawing for unidentified house in Co. Dublin by McCurdy & Mitchell.

29 May 2011

1880 – Coffee Tavern, Cranbrook, Kent

Architect: W. West Neve Perspective view including interior views published in The Building News, May 7th 1880. But in the 1880s the temperance movement tried to revive the coffee house scene in an...

03 May 2011

1880 – St. Joseph’s Carmelite Church, Berkeley Road, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne / John L. Robinson Construction started in 1875 and the church was largely completed and consecrated in 1880. The North-Western bell tower was constructed between 1892-3 to the designs...