Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1880

01 September 2010

1880 – St. Paul’s Church, Bentley Common, Essex

Architect: Ernest C. Lee Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, May 7th 1880.

26 August 2010

1880 – No.70 Marine Parade, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: Robert W. Edis Perspective view & ground & 1st floor plan published in The Building News, March 5th 1880, later extended in a similar style. Now an hotel.

25 August 2010

1880 – ‘The Hollies’, Finchley, London

Architect: John Slater Perspective View including ground plan as published in The Building News, May 7th 1880.

30 June 2010

1880 – Soldier’s Institute, Conyngham Road, Dublin

Architect: James H. Bridgford / Sir Thomas Drew A fine Victorian building which while undergoing renovation into offices unfortunately had its chimneys removed, leaving a bland skyline. The building has some excellent decorative...

10 June 2010

1880 – Guinness Offices, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: George Wilkinson Fine Victorian office accommodation complete with elegant chimneys and good quality ironwork. Well maintained, it provides a public face for the brewery to the street.

09 June 2010

1880 – Parnell Bridge, Cork

Architect: T. Claxton Fiddler The old Anglesea Bridge, built in the 1830s, could not cope with the volume of traffic using the bridge by the 1870s. Cork Corporation decided to replace the old...

07 April 2010

1880 – O’Connell Monument, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Sculptor: John Henry Foley Built to commemorate the “Liberator” Daniel O’Connell (1775-1847) after whom the street was renamed after independence. The O’Connell monument was erected after a subscription list was opened in 1862....

05 February 2010

1880 – Glasshouse, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Substantial glasshouses in the walled garden of Farmleigh house.

05 February 2010

1880 – Water Tower, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller The water tower was constructed in 1880 to the designs of J.F. Fuller. At this time Fuller was working at Ashford for the Earl of Iveagh’s brother and this tower...