Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1880

05 November 2009

1880 – Westwood House, Sydenham, London

Architect: John L. Pearson Westwood House started life modestly around 1720 as an Inn but was developed and redeveloped over the years culminating in John Loughborough Pearson’s design for Henry Littleton in 1881....

05 November 2009

1880 – Design for New Municipal Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: J. Salmon & Son Unsuccessful entry to design new muncipal buildings, now Glasgow City Chambers. The competition was won by Paisley-born architect William Young, and the building opened in 1888.

02 November 2009

1880 – Offices at Cranbrook, Kent

Architect: W. West Neve Offices built for for Messrs. Philpott & Wood. “This building, which was completed last autumn, was designed with a twofold purpose : firstly, to be used as solicitors’ offices—...

25 October 2009

1880 – Commercial Sale Room Buildings, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle “This building, erected for the sale of fruit and provisions, comprises a sale-room built in the form of an amphitheatre, with gallery round three sides, over 40ft. square, occupying...

19 October 2009

1880 – Workmans Village Club, Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire

Architect: Arthur Vernon Published in The Building News, August 20, 1880.

15 October 2009

1880 – Proposed Municipal Offices, Glasgow

Architect: George Corson Corson’s entry to design a new public building for the city of Glasgow. The commission was won by William Young.

09 October 2009

1880 – Northamptonshire Banking Company, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Architect: Edward Sharman Bank branch and Manager’s Residence. Published in The Building News, October 15th 1880.

09 October 2009

1880 – Northampton Union Bank, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Architect: Edward Sharman Bank branch and Manager’s Residence. Published in The Building News, October 15th 1880.

02 October 2009

1880 – New Grammar School, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Architect: W. Talbot Brown Perspective View published in The Building News, May 21st 1880.