Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881

15 September 2009

1881 – Municipal Buildings & New Market Extension, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: W.H. Lynn “The space between the covered market and the site of the Town Hall was occupied by tavern premises, which, owing to rights of light which they enjoyed, prevented the completion...

15 September 2009

1881 – St. Margaret’s, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland

Architect: Robert Rowand Anderson “This house, of which we give a perspective and first-floor and ground-plans, has been erected from the designs of Mr. E. R. Anderson, A.R.S.A., of Edinburgh.” Published in The...

15 September 2009

1881 – Wandale, Cumbria

Architect: Hetherington & Oliver “The house is built of warm cream-coloured facing stone from Lazouby with Prudham dressings ; the walls are hollow, and are lined on the inside with brick. The joiners’...

13 September 2009

1881 – University College Hospital, London

Architect: Francis E. Jones Based on the Circular Ward System of Prof. John Marshall F.R.S. including Basement & First Floor Plans. “Mr. G. Francis Jones, of Cockspur-street, Trafalgar- square, prepared this design to...

13 September 2009

1881 – “Glen Andred”, Withyham, Sussex

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw

13 September 2009

1881 – Residence at Blackheath, Surrey

Architect: W.J. Green “This house, which has been recently erected for Mr. J. F. Green, of Blackwall, is situate on a portion of the estate of the late Mr. J. Mun. The walls...

13 September 2009

1881 – Proposed Quadrangle, Magdalen College, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Basil Champneys “The drawing published shows the street facade of a proposed now quadrangle for Magdalen College, Oxford. It was submitted by Mr. Basil Champneys in a competition to which Messrs. Street,...

13 September 2009

1881 – Polesworth Vicarage, Warwickshire

Architect: John Douglas “Adjoining the parish-church of Polesworth there were, until recently, a group of buildings, a portion of which had been used for religious purposes, the old pitt being in use a«...

13 September 2009

1881 – Sanford Street Boys’ School, Swindon, Wiltshire

Architect: Brightwen Binyon “These schools have been erected for the Swindon School Board in the Now Town, to accommodate 794 boys. They are one of a series of schools erected by the Board...