Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881

08 July 2009

1881 – Master’s Lodge, University College, Oxford

Architect: Bodley & Garner “This new building has been recently erected from the design of Messrs. G.F. Bodley and T. Garner, architects. It is of somewhat considerable size. “Brown’s Library” was left to...

08 July 2009

1881 – New High School for Girls, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The school began life on November 3, 1875, with twenty-nine girls and three teachers under headmistress Ada Benson, at the Judge’s Lodgings (St Giles’ House) at 16 St Giles’, central...

07 July 2009

1881 – The Northamptonshire Banking Co., Stamford, Lincolnshire

Architect: W. Talbot Brown Designed for The Northamptonshire Banking Co., and published in The Building News, May 20th 1881. “These premises, facing the High-street, were completed at the end of last year. The...

07 July 2009

1881 – The Northern Assurance Company, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin, Johnson & Hicks “These offices occupy a commanding position at the comer of St. Nicholas-square and Colling-wood-street. The frontage is of rubbed ashlar, and the door case of dark-red granite. The...

07 July 2009

1881 – Forest Row Vicarage, Sussex

Architect: Lacy W. Ridge

07 July 2009

1881 – East Wittering Rectory, Sussex

Architect: Lacy W. Ridge

07 July 2009

1881 – Bishopstone Vicarage, Sussex

Architect: Lacy W. Ridge

07 July 2009

1881 – Eartham Vicarage, Sussex

Architect: Lacy W. Ridge

29 June 2009

1881 – Proposed Roman Catholic Church, School & Presbytery, Bromley, Kent

Architect: E. Ingress Bell “We give this week a facsimile of Mr. Ingress Bell’s drawing-, now being exhibited at the Royal Academy, showing the plan and main elevation of the church, school and...