Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881

18 June 2010

1881 – Glasgow Asylum for the Blind, Scotland

Architect: William Landless Published in The Architect June 24th 1882. The Blind Asylum was founded in 1804, with the first building on Castle Street erected in 1828 by public subscription. A competition was...

09 June 2010

1881 – Carrigmahon Villas, Cork

Architect: Kearns Deane Carrigmahon Villas were built in the 1880s in the area between Glenbrook Baths and Tobin’s Quay. In 1913 one of the villas was destroyed by fire and the others were...

31 May 2010

1881 – Union Station, Denver, Colorado

Architect: Gove & Walsh

15 April 2010

1881 – Riel House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Riel House, a National Historic Site is the family home of the Métis leader and founder of Manitoba, Louis Riel. It was here, in the living room of his mother’s house, that Riel’s...

23 February 2010

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Cook First premiated design in architectural competition. “We illustrate this week the first premiated design, by Mr. T. Cook, architect, 12, St. George’s-crescent, Liverpool. The areas of the various rooms were...

18 February 2010

1881 – South City Markets, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Lockwood & Mawson South City Markets takes up an entire block of the city and is surrounded on all side by a network of small busy commercial streets. The building is heavily...

30 January 2010

1881 – Historical Museum, Frankfurt

The historical museum of the city Frankfurt/Main was created 1878. Its order was it to acquire “suitable articles from the entire area of the culture and Kunstaltertuemer with special consideration of the city...

30 January 2010

1881 – Dreikönigskirche, Frankfurt

The fine Gothic revival church, the Church of the Magi was built to replace an earlier church on this site. The first church was built in 1340 as a chapel to one of...

29 January 2010

1881 – Postfuhramt , Berlin

Architect: Carl Schwatlo The Postfuhramt housed the central office of Berlin’s pneumatic postal system as well as the main post office for packages. In addition, the building contained a postal and telegraph school....