Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881

29 January 2010

1881 – Postfuhramt , Berlin

Architect: Carl Schwatlo The Postfuhramt housed the central office of Berlin’s pneumatic postal system as well as the main post office for packages. In addition, the building contained a postal and telegraph school....

11 January 2010

1881 – Stoodleigh Court, Devon

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Stoodleigh Court country house was built in 1881 by architect Ernest George of Ernest George & Peto. The house was built for Thomas Carew and his family on...

30 December 2009

1881 – Ashford Castle, Cong, Co. Mayo

Architect: J.F. Fuller The architecture of Ashford Castle dates from several eras. The oldest section is a 13th-century Norman castle that once belonged to the de Burgh family. A house styled like a...

30 November 2009

1881 – Newbury Grammar School, Berkshire

Architect: Power & Hughes Placed design in competition to design a new grammar school. Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886.

22 November 2009

1881 – St. Mary Abbots Church, Kensington, London

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scot Designed by the celebrated 19th Century architect Sir George Gilbert Scott and built in 1872, is one of the finest examples of Victorian Gothic style. It houses the...

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

02 November 2009

1881 – Memorial Wesleyan Chapel, Commercial Road, London

Architect: E. Early Hollis “The ground- floor is occupied by school and class-rooms, heating-chamber, offices for boys and girls, «&c. The height of these rooms is about 13ft. clear. The chapel is 59ft....

02 November 2009

1881 – Coffee Tavern at Seal, Kent

Architect: Edwin T. Hall “This building, which has been created and furnished at the coat of Charles G. Hale, Esq., is situated at the extreme end of the picturesque village of Seal, and...

02 November 2009

1881 – Church of St. Germans, Adamsdown, Cardiff

Architect: Bodley & Garner The site was the gift of Lord Tredegar who laid the foundation stone on 18 April 1882. It was consecrated on 9 March 1886 and the Parish was formed...