Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1881

02 November 2009

1881 – Mission Church, Algernon Rd., Lewisham, London

Architect: James Brooks “This church is now in course of erection in the Algernon-road, Lewisham, from the designs of Mr. James Brooks, architect. The drawing from which our plate is taken is shown...

02 November 2009

1881 – St. Cuthbert’s New Church, Ushaw, Durham

Architects: Dunn & Hansom Ushaw College (St Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw) is a Roman Catholic seminary, founded at Douai as the English College, Douai in France in 1568, which moved to Ushaw Moor, four...

01 November 2009

1881 – New Infirmary, Cardiff

Architect: James, Seward & Thomas “This building is intended to replace an existing structure erected for a similar purpose about 35 years ago by the munificence of Mr. Daniel Jones, of Beaupre. The...

26 October 2009

1881 – Whyte Melville Memorial Fountain, St. Andrews, Scotland

Architect: Robert W. Edis Sculpture by Thomas Earp, medallions by J.E. Boehm 1880. Public fountain, memorial to Major George Whyte Melville (1821-78), soldier and novelist. Of Red Dumfriesshire ashlar with Dalbeattie granite. Circular...

25 October 2009

1881 – St. Peters Hospital, Covent Garden, London

Architect: J.M. Brydon “This hospital, which is devoted to the treatment of stone and diseases of the bladder, and has been established in Beruers-street for the last 20 years, is having the new...

25 October 2009

1881 – Houses in Harrington Gardens, Kensington, London

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Published in The Building News, June 3rd 1881.

25 October 2009

1881 – Fitzjohn Tower, Hampstead, London

Architect: J.T. Wimperis “This house is now being completed, from the designs of Mr. John Thomas Wimperis, of 25, Sackville-street, Piccadilly, for Mr. Herbert F. Baxter. A Domestic Medieval style has been adopted,...

25 October 2009

1881 – Rowden Abbey, Herefordshire

Architect: John Douglas “This new house, of which wo give two views, with ground-plan, is built on the hill- side, a short distance above the site of the abbey from which it takes...

19 October 2009

1881 – Bodnant, North Wales

Architect: W.J. Green “Tins building, which has been erected for H. D. Pochin, Esq., is situate in a most picturesque part of the Conway Valley, at an elevation of about 200ft. above the...