Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1882

04 July 2012

1882 – Manitoba College, Winnipeg

Architect: Barber & Barber Originally built as a Methodist College, until the the buildings were purchased by the Jesuits in 1930 for St. Paul’s College. It remained in use until 1964. Demolished. Quite...

06 March 2012

1882 – St. Lukes Art Workshops, Myrtle St., Liverpool

Architect: Henry Sumners Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 23rd 1882. Designed by Henry Summers, this building became the studio and offices of Norbury, Upton & Paterson,...

16 February 2012

1882 – Holy Trinity Church, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1878 it was decided to enlarge the chancel and add a vestry to an existing church on this sute, but before the work commenced a fire damaged the...

15 February 2012

1882 – House at Ewhurst, Surrey

Architect: Aston Webb Perspective view including plans. Described as “About to be Erected” and published in The Building News, December 30th 1881. “This house is to be built at Ewhurst, in charming country,...

04 January 2012

1882 – Irish Church Missions, No.28 Bachelor’s Walk, Dublin

A well maintained building with wide round-headed windows at ground level. This shopfront is in the style of the Wide Streets Commissioners but much later.

06 July 2011

1884 – Birmingham and Midland Eye Hospital

Architect: Payne & Talbot Construction on the eye hospital began in 1881 in the Gothic Revival style and was completed in 1884. The building was used as offices and not as a hospital...

17 March 2011

1882 – Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin

Architect: George Edmund Street Illustrations from a lavishly bound book that was published to commemorate the restoration of the Cathedral by George Edmund Street in 1882. The frontispiece reads as: The Cathedral of...

26 February 2011

1882 – Brompton Consumption Hospital, London

Architect: T.H. Wyatt “The Earl of Derby, a fortnight ago, opened the new building added to the hospital for Diseases of the Chest, at Brompton. This new building, which will provide no fewer...

02 February 2011

1882 – New Block of Chambers, Middle Temple, London

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn Completed in a Tudor revival in 1882, the Chambers at Middle Temple. Repaired and altered in 1950 after bomb damage in the Second World War. Perspective view of preliminary...