Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1882

04 July 2010

1882 – Courthouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Built in two stages, the original and larger part was constructed in 1882-83 and housed the Courts, the Law Society and library. It became over-crowded rapidly and a further...

01 July 2010

1883 – Police Court, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Barber & Barber The police courts and station at the corner of King and James, served until 1903 when it was replaced by a new central police station. Demolished 1988. Modern reproduction...

28 June 2010

1882 – Design Competition for Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia

Architect: Alfred Alexandrovich Parland This marvelous Russian-style church was built on the spot where Emperor Alexander II was assassinated in March 1881 by a group of revolutionaries, who threw a bomb at his...

15 June 2010

1882 – Former Townhall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Now a McDonalds outlet, the former Townhall was commissioned by the 11th Earl of Meath to look down the main street of Bray. Designed by Thomas Manly Deane and...

15 June 2010

1882 – Ladywood Branch Dispensary, Birmingham

Architect: Payne & Talbot Accepted & rejected front elevations including plans as published in The Building News, October 6th 1882. The rejected design was by Ralph Heaton.

10 June 2010

1882 – Hops Store, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: Samuel Geoghegan One of the many storehouses on the property, this was developed into the original Guinness visito centre – the Guinness Storehouse. Now it’s a part of the Dublin Digital Hub...

29 January 2010

1882 – Hackesche Markt, Berlin

Architect: Johannes Vollmer A beautifully restored railway station on the S-Bahn line, Hackesche Markt has an ornate brick and ceramic exterior. The interior has decorative polychromatic brickwork and a single span curving roof.

20 January 2010

1882 – Former Masonic Girl’s School, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell The former Former Masonic Girl’s School has now been redeveloped by Bewleys as an hotel, with additional bedroom blocks built in a similar style to the south and west...

12 January 2010

1882 – Extension to Church, Bromley, Kent

Architect: T.G. Jackson The first recorded rector of Bromley, Richard of Wendover, served from 1226 to 1238. However, as the basin of the present font is Norman, it is possible that a church...