Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1883

23 June 2014

1883 – Chapel, Schools of the Twin Sisters, Marino, Clontarf, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now known as the O’Brien Institute, this building was to serve as an orphan home and school, financed by a trust that was founded by Bridget O’Brien in 1876. The...

10 April 2014

1883 – Wesleyan Chapel, Stow Hill, Newport, Wales

Architect: W.G. Habershon Now known as Bethel Community Church, and located on the elevated western side of Stow Hill, on the corner of Wesley Place. “The Wesleyan chapel in course of erection at...

08 April 2014

1883 – Railway Station, Sion Mills, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Another one of William H. Mills’ characteristic polychromatic stations for the GNR – yellow brick relieved with black, brown, and purple courses. Constructed to replace an earlier LER station...

14 March 2014

1883 – Design for National Museum, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew One of the entries to design a new National Museum and Library around Leinster House, then belonging to the Royal Dublin Society. The results of the original architecture competition...

13 March 2014

1883 – Design for the Ulster Reform Club, Belfast

Architect: John J. McDonnell Unsuccessful competition entry to design a building on Royal Avenue for the Ulster Reform Club. The competition was won by Maxwell & Tuke, and their fine building is still...

07 March 2014

1883 – Carrollstown House, Trim, Co. Meath

Architect: John P. Davis Completed by June 1883, for P.J. Dunne, JP. “The entrance hall is beautifully laid out with encaustic tiles, and is separated from the staircase or inner hall by marble...

07 March 2014

1883 – Design for Roscommon Courthouse

Architect: William Kaye-Parry & H.A. Cheers Design submitted for new court house after the previous building was damaged by fire. A joint submission by William Kaye-Parry with English architect Henry A. Cheers, but...

06 March 2014

1883 – Design for National Museum, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater An unexecuted competition design by Dublin architect G.P. Beater to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House, then part of the Royal Dublin Society. Published in The...

28 February 2014

1883 – Design for Post Office, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: W.I. Chambers A design for Nos. 75-76 Clanbrassil Street in Dundalk. Published in The Irish Builder, December 15 1883.

Pages:1234567...14Next »