Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1883

09 March 2013

1881 – St Brigid’s Church, Clara, Co. Offaly

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan / Ralph H. Byrne Designed in 1876, and completed by 1881, and reminiscent of Pugin’s work at St. Mary’s Cathedral in Killarney – in particular the central crossing tower. The...

09 March 2013

1883 – Selected Design Nottingham Municipal Buildings

Architect: Verity & Hunt Selected design from Verity & Hunt for Nottingham Municipal Buildings. Eventually built on a smaller scale to illustrated, as Nottingham Guildhall. The initial estimate for the building was £128,416...

02 November 2012

1883 – Courthouse, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Christopher J. Mulvany Selected design after an architectural competition to replace County Counthouse that had been destroyed in a fire in 1882.

16 October 2012

1883 – Antrim Castle, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell The original Antrim Castle, now a ruin, was originally built in 1613 by Sir Hugh Clotworthy and enlarged in 1662 by his son, the 1st Viscount Massereene. The Castle,...

27 August 2012

1883 – New Almshouses for Grendon’s Charity, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin Perspective published in The Building News, November 16th 1883. Also known as the Ten Cells, the original Grendon’s Almshouses stood in Preston Street from the beginning of the 15th...

27 August 2012

1883 – Design for National Museum, Dublin

An unexecuted design after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). This proposal included a columned screen along Kildare...

27 August 2012

1883 – Wood Street Schools, Woolwich, London

Architect: E.R. Robson Published in The Building News, August 10th 1883. Closed in 1956.

11 August 2012

1883 – “Speranza”, High Street, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin Front elevation including ground plans published in The Building News, November 2nd 1883.

26 July 2012

1883 – Design for Holy Trinity Church, Winnipeg

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Although most of the church was built as designed by Wheeler, the magnificent tower and spire was never constructed.