Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1884

01 December 2014

1884 – Church of St. Malachy, Castlewellan, Co. Down

Architect: Mortimer H. Thomson Constructed during 1880-1884. Although poorly modernised, the sanctuary still has its original reredos behind the altar.

09 October 2014

1884 – Villa Weber, rue Erlanger, Paris

Architect: Paul Sédille Although now best known for his rebuilding of the Printemps department store in Paris, Paul Sédille wrote numerous articles on the evolution of architecture in the 1870s and 1880s. It...

16 July 2014

1884 – Design for High Altar

Architect: L.A. McDonnell Presumed never constructed, this sketch design by L.A. McDonnell was carried out while still in the employ of J.F. Fuller. “We this week publish a sketch design for a high...

26 May 2014

1884 – Junior House, All Hallow’s College, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan “In our present number we give a perspective view of this new building, the plans for which were obtained in a limited competition decided a few days since. The principal...

12 May 2014

1884 – Leonard Wine Merchants, Antrim Rd., Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: E.J. Byrne `The new premises, the subject of our illustration, are now being erected from the design of Mr. E.J. Byrne, architect, of 4 Waring-street Belfast, for Mr. Patrick Leonard, wine merchant....

06 May 2014

1881 – Donore Presbyterian Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Presbyterian church and manse constructed for a congregation of around 500. Originally constructed for a congregation of Presbyterians who were based next to the Guinness Brewery and accepted a buy-out...

06 May 2014

1884 – Railway Station, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills The railway line to Strabane from Omagh originally opened in 1847 and was run by the Irish North Western Railway. After the takeover by the Great Northern Railway in...

25 March 2014

1884 – Design for St. Patrick’s Church, Kilkenny

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Unsuccessful entry in a limited competition to design a new church in 1884. By 1887, the Irish Builder was reporting that “owing to the lamented death of the late...

04 March 2014

1884 – Forster Green & Co., Royal Avenue, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Now known as Eagle Chambers, a three-storey stucco building with curved facade into North Street. Originally an extension of Forster Green’s four-storey ‘Golden Eagle’ premises in North Street. Forster Green...

Pages:1234567...18Next »