Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1884

29 January 2014

1884 – Royal Avenue Hotel, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Jackson Constructed between 1882 and 1884, designed by architect Thomas Jackson in the Italianate style – a four-storey building with round headed dormers and a rounded corner to Rosemary Street. It...

15 January 2014

1883 – Second Placed Design for National Museum & Library, Dublin

Architect: Holme & Hornblower An unexecuted design, awarded Second Place after an architectural competition to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House (then part of the Royal Dublin Society). Illustrations...

06 January 2014

1884 – New Admiralty & War Offices, Whitehall, London

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Published entry for major architectural competition for new Admiralty & War Offices. The Dublin Builder, May 1 1887.

10 December 2013

1885 – Opéra de Nice, Nice, France

Architect: Francois Aune After the previous opera house on this site burned down after a gas explosion during a performance in 1881, andarchitectural competition was held for a new building. Francois Aune, a...

20 November 2013

1884 – Australasian Steam Navigation Co., Sydney, Australia

Architect: William Wardell Combined warehouses and offices for the Australasian Steam Navigation Company on the waterfront of The Rocks area of Sydney. With the prominent tower as landmark and the Dutch-inspired gables, these...

15 November 2013

1884 – Frazer Memorial Fountain, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Thomas Sapsford Donated to the City of Sydney by the Hon. John Frazer, MLC (1827-84), a merchant, company director and philanthropist. In 1881 Frazer agreed to finance the design and erection of...

14 March 2013

1884 – School Chapel, Lewisham, Kent

Architect: James Cubitt Perspective view including ground plans published in The Building News, March 28th 1884.

05 March 2013

1884 – The Lodge, Webbington, Somerset

Architect: E.J. May Published in The Building News, October 17th 1884. Lodge at Webbington designed by Edward John May, (1853–1941) who an English architect and the last pupil of Decimus Burton. He then...

04 March 2013

1884 – All Saints Boys Orphanage, Lewisham, Kent

Architect: E.L. Swatman All Saints Boys’ Orphanage was opened in 1886, and had accommodation for 120 boys. Published in The Building News, July 11th 1884.