Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1884

16 December 2010

1888 – New Parish Church, Govan, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: Robert Rowand Anderson Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, November 21st 1884. Now known as Govan Old Parish Church, it was also known as “St Constantine’s”. Since 2007,...

03 December 2010

1884 – New Admiralty & War Offices, Whitehall, London

Architect: Verity & Hunt Design placed second, detail of Central Pavilion published in The Building News, August 15th 1884.

21 October 2010

1884 – The Bughties, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Scotland

Built for W.H. Furguson , this perspective view published in The Architect, March 22nd 1884.

14 September 2010

1884 – Farm House at Armston, Northamptonshire

Architect: J. Alfred Gotch Designed for The Duke of Buccleuch on one of his estates, tje south west view including ground plan was published in The Building News, April 11th 1884.

01 September 2010

1884 – Entrance Porch, Tower Crecy, Campden Hill, London

Architect: E.H. Bourchier Designed for William Matterson esq and published in The Building News, October 17th 1884. During August 1940 the imitation Tudor Tower Crecy on Aubrey Walk and Tor Villa suffered irreparable...

01 June 2010

1884 – St. Francis Cathedral, Santa Fe, New Mexico

Architect: Antoine Mouly On the site where St. Frances Cathedral stands today there was originally a small mission church. That mission was burned down in the Pueblo Revolt of 1680. After the Spanish...

30 May 2010

1884 – Cavendish Memorial Tower, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire

Architect: Thomas Worthington Designed to be erected on the South Nab near Bolton Abbey. Elevation of Tower including ground plan published in The Architect, August 19th 1884.

04 May 2010

1884 – Former London and North Western Hotel, North Wall Quay, Dublin

In 1861 the London and North Western Railway Company which had been operating a steam packet service across the Irish Sea, moved its Irish terminus from Kingstown (DĂșn Laoghaire) to North Wall Quay....

22 April 2010

1884 – Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler The third church on this site, the present church was commenced in 1883 and completed in 1884. The architect, Charles H. Wheeler, also designed Dalnavert, the Winnipeg home of...