Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


11 November 2015

1885 – Church and Presbytery, Over Darwen, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin Described in The Irish Builder, “This church, the foundation stone of which was laid by the Bishop of Salford on the 3rd of May, last year, was originally designed...

14 October 2015

1885 – Drew Memorial Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Batt Unbuilt plans for the extension of existing church, constructed in 1870, and the addition of a school. The building originally started life as a school but due to demand for...

16 September 2015

1885 – Wesleyan Church, Warrenpoint, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Watson Also known as the “Coke Memorial Church” after the Methodist preacher Thomas Coke, construction started in August 1884 with the church opening in 1885. It was built on the...

12 August 2015

1885 – Fortwilliam Park Presbyterian Church, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Henry Chappell In June 1880, architects were invited to submit plans in a competition with prizes of £30 for the winner and £10 for the runner up. The plan was for a...

26 January 2015

1885 – First Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Kees & Fisk The third home for the First Baptist Church when the present structure was built in 1885 at 10th street and Hennepin avenue. The building was designed by the firm...

15 July 2014

1885 – Orange Hall, Clifton St., Belfast

Architect: William Batt The Hall was opened on January 27th, 1885. To mark the bi-centenary of the “Glorious Revolution” of 1688 an equestrian bronze statue, by Henry Hems of Exeter,city coat of arms...

11 June 2014

1885 – Holy Ghost Hospital, Waterford

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Founded in 1545, in the nineteenth century the hospital removed to the suburbs and in 1882 construction of the present hospital was started. A stone over the main entrance reads...

23 April 2014

1884 – Gate Lodge, Antrim Castle, Co, Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell Unbuilt design for a new gate-lodge for Antrim Castle. Design was exhibited at the RHA in 1884 and published in The Irish Builder, October 15 1885.

09 April 2014

1885 – Second Presbyterian Church, Ballymoney, Co. Antrim

Architect: Young & Mackenzie The foundation stone of the New Church was laid on the 17th of June, 1884, and the Church was opened for worship on the 11th September, 1885, by the...

Pages:1234567...16Next »