Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


25 March 2014

1885 – St. Michael’s Church, Castletown Geoghegan, Co. Westmeath

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Largely constructed by 1885 of local limestone with Tullamore limestone dressings – the tower, spire, and organ gallery were later added by T.F. McNamara to O’Callaghan’s original designs. The interior...

08 March 2013

1885 – Unbuilt designs for Commodity Exchange, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Competition designs for a commodity exchange in Amsterdam. Illustrated entries by Groll & Ohmann, J.F.L. Frowein, and H.P. Berlage with Theodorus Sanders. Several years later, a commodity exchange was commissioned from architect Hendrik...

21 October 2012

1885 – Railway Bridge, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: S.G. Frazer The bridge was erected in 1885 as part of the Farranfore to Renard railway line which was closed in 1960. It is known locally as the Metal Bridge and is...

12 September 2012

1885 – Holloway Sanatorium, St. Annes Heath, Virginia Water, Surrey

Architect: Crossland, Salomons & Jones Holloway Sanatorium was an institution for the treatment of the insane, located on 22 acres of parkland near Virginia Water, Surrey, within the Greater London Urban Area. It...

02 July 2012

1885 – The Pines, Midhurst, Sussex

Architect: Frank T. Baggallay Perspective published in The Builder, May 2nd 1885.

15 April 2012

1885 – Carton Tower, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire

Architect: J.M. Ferguson Perspective view published in The Architect, October 16th 1885.

06 February 2012

1885 – Residence, Nottingham Park Estate, Nottingham

Architect: T.C. Hine & Sons Published in The Builder, January 10th 1885.

26 January 2012

1885 – Arcade Buildings, Walsall, Staffordshire

Architect: F.E.F. Bailey Perspective including ground plan was published in The Building News, May 22nd 1885.

26 January 2012

1885 – Presbyterian Chapel, Whalley Range, Manchester

Architect: Magnall & Littlewoods Proposed Presbyterian Chapel – perspective view, ground plan & interior – published in The Building News, December 25th 1885. Description from The Builder, October 24th 1885: On the 10th...