Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1885

14 October 2010

1885 – St Finbarr’s College, Farranferris, Cork

Architect: Robert Walker Designed by Robert Walker for The Most Rev Dr. Delany as a Diocesan College attached to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Cork and Ross. A secondary school only in its...

03 October 2010

1885 – Grove Farm House for Lord Ebury, Hertfordshire

Architect: W.H. Syme Perspective view, north elevation including ground & chamber plans published in The Building News, November 27th 1885.

21 September 2010

1885 – St. Pancras Workhouse Extension, London

Architect: H.H. Bridgeman Published in The Building Newsm March 13th 1885. In 1881 plans were drawn up by H.H. Bridgeman for a large scheme. However, Bridgman’s scheme was not carried as planned. One...

21 September 2010

1885 – International College, Highgate, London

Architect: Banister Fletcher Perpective View including ground & basement plan published in The Building News, August 7th 1885.

14 September 2010

1885 – Roadside House, Pevensy Road, St. Leonards on Sea, Sussex

Architect: W. Hay Murray Perspective view including ground plans published in The Building News, January 9th 1885.

28 August 2010

1885 – Colnehurst, Watford, Hertfordshire

Architect: Williams Smith Perspective view published in The Building News,January 14th 1885.

29 June 2010

1885 – O’Neill’s, Pearse Street, Dublin

Fine corner Victorian public house facade with four bays to Pearse Street, and six bays to Shaw Street. The shop facade is elaborate timber design with decorative tiles and mosaics, and a glazed...

23 June 2010

1885 – No.70, Ennismore Gardens, South Kensington, London

Architect: Basil Champneys Front Elevation including plans as published in The Building News, July 23rd 1886. This eclectic neo-Jacobean fa├žade, in red Fareham brick and Portland stone, contrasted sharply with the stodgier work...

18 June 2010

1885 – West Bromwich Union Workhouse, Staffordshire

Architect: Henman & Timmins Front Perspective including Plan as published in The Building News, March 27th 1885. Older parts of the workhouse have now been demolished but the infirmary and several surviving peripheral...