Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1885

03 December 2009

1885 – Beecham’s Pills New Manufactory, St. Helens, Lancashire

Architect: H.V. Krolow Thomas Beecham, born in Oxfordshire in 1820, began selling his pills and cures as a travelling salesman in the 1840s. Moving first to Liverpool and then Wigan, Thomas bought property...

30 November 2009

1885 – ‘Brynwern’, Brecknockshire, Wales

Architect: S.W. Williams Designed for the Rev.A.Clifton Mogg, and published in The Architect, May 16th 1885.

13 November 2009

1885 – Former Greyfriar’s Church, Waterford

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew An appealing small-scale Gothic Revival Methodist Church, designed by Sir Thomas Drew. Although extensively re-modelled to the interior to accommodate its present use as an art gallery, the exterior...

06 November 2009

1885 – McKenzies Building, Cork

Fine riverside Lombardo-Romanesque warehouse with a continuous glazed arcade on the upper storey over large round-headed openings. The elaborate render detail enlivens the fa├žade of this unusual building, and enhances and articulates the...

19 October 2009

1885 – Holder’s Hill Lodge, Hendon, London

Architect: J.T. Wimperis Published in The Building News, July 10th 1885.

09 October 2009

1885 – House at East Harptree, Somerset

Architect: E.T. Boston Perspective view including ground & 1st floor plan and published in The Building News, January 14th 1885. Boston was an architect based in Hallatrows, Bristol .

04 October 2009

1885 – Cannon Street Buildings, London

Architect: George Sherrin

30 September 2009

1885 – Victoria Hospital for Children, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: H. Saxon Snell & Son

30 September 2009

1885 – St Louis Convent, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan

Large complex of building facing a small lake, started in 1859 although a convent had been in operation on this site for some years before. This complex was finally completed in 1959 when...