Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


29 May 2010

1886 – Great Indian Peninsular Railway Terminus & Administrative Offices, Bombay, India

Architect: F.W. Stevens Frederick William Stevens (11 November 1847 – 3 March 1900) was an English architectural engineer who worked for the British colonial government in India. Stevens’ most notable design was the...

07 May 2010

1886 – New Church at Paignton, Devon

Architect: John D. Sedding Published in The Building News, December 31st 1886.

06 May 2010

1886 – New Schools, Ferguslie Works, Paisley, Scotland

Architects: Woodhouse & Morley Now a ruin, and one of the last vestiges of the vast Ferguslie Threads Works in Paisley. Contemporary descriptions of the newly-built school described it as “an exquisite building...

06 May 2010

1886 – Bryncaerau, Caermarthen, Wales

Architect: J. Buckley Wilson Previously known as Bryncaerau Castle and now Parc Howard Museum. It replaced an earlier house, Bryn-y-caerau, and may incorporate something of its fabric. Both houses stood within elaborate grounds...

06 May 2010

1886 – St. George’s School, Harpenden, Hertfordshire

Architect: Whitfield & Thomas Published in The Building News, October 15th 1886. Now used as a residential house in a co-educational boarding school.

06 May 2010

1886 – Terry’s Theatre, The Strand, London

Architect: Walter Emden Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886. Terry’s Theatre was built by Walter Emden on the site of the old Coal Hole public house and music hall on the...

05 May 2010

1886 – Birkenhead Public Abattoirs, Cheshire

Architect: Bleakley & Cubbon Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886. In 1885 Thomas Cubbon went into partnership with Alexander Bleakley, a fellow pupil, to form the Birkenhead and Douglas (Isle of...

05 May 2010

1886 – House at Barnes Common, Surrey

Architect: Herbert Reed Published in The Building News, December 10th 1886.

05 May 2010

1886 – School of Science & Art, Lincoln

Architect: George Sedgar View of Principal Entrance. Published in The Building News, September 24th 1886. Now part of Lincoln College.