Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1886

03 May 2010

1886 – New Mills, Limehouse, London

Architect: Wilson Son & Aldwinkle Published in The Building News July 16th 1886

13 April 2010

1886 – City of Exeter Lunatic Asylum, Devon

Architect: R. Stark Wilkinson Published in The Building News May 16th 1884. Built 1884-86. Closed in 1987. Chapel, Ballroom, Admin block and many of the wards fronting the original building have survived, converted...

10 February 2010

1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company....

26 January 2010

1886 – St. Mary’s Dominican Church & Convent, Tallaght, Co. Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin Detached gable-fronted Gothic Revival church, built 1886 – design published in 1883. The relationship to the priory to the north was not built as illustrated. It has a seven-bay...

13 January 2010

1886 – Schloss Neuschwanstein, Bavaria

Architect: Christian Jank Never completed after the mysterious death of its instigator, the eccentric Bavarian King Ludwig II in 1886, Schloss Neuschwanstein is one of the most recognisable castles in the world. Set...

21 December 2009

1886 – Oriel College Chapel, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson Sketch showing proposed extension of choir & new organ, which was published in The Building News, April 11th 1884.

21 December 2009

1886 – Kingsland Grange, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Architect: H.H. Treasure Now the site of Shrewsbury High Prep, the house has been fully refurbished and modernised to incorporate state-of-the art technology, and now houses the school’s Music department as well as...

21 December 2009

1886 – New Buildings, High Street, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson

16 December 2009

1886 – Hôtel du Parlement, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Eugène-Etienne Tache The Parliament Building (Hôtel du Parlement) is home to the Parliament of Quebec composed of the Lieutenant-Governor and the National Assembly. The building was designed by architect Eugène-Étienne Taché and...