Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


04 March 2014

1886 – No.18 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Constructed at the corner of Sackville Place, next to the Imperial Hotel, which contained Clery’s, for George Mitchell, Esq. Finished in Ruabon Brick with Ballinasloe limestone dressings. Published in The...

14 February 2014

1886 – Former Post Office, Royal Avenue, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: James H. Owen Belfast’s General Post Office that stood on Royal Avenue, by James Owen of the Board of Works. It was built from Dungannon stone with a machicolated cornice and Romanesque...

20 November 2013

1886 – English, Scottish & Australian Bank, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Architect: William Wardell Constructed from sandstone and designed in the Gothic Revival style by prominent architect William Wardell, this a rare Sydney example of the secular use of this type of architecture which...

07 June 2013

1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and hall were gutted by fire which destroyed most of the O’Connell Street area...

16 February 2013

1886 – “Ravenhurst”, Graffham, Petworth, Sussex

Architect: Halsey Ricardo Perspective View & Ground Plan published in The Building News, December 3rd 1886.

06 December 2012

1886 – Ceremonial Royal Archways, Belfast, Co. Antrim

A selection of archways erected in Belfast for the 1886 visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales.

10 November 2012

1886 – Volunteer Monument, Main Street, Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper Originally constructed on the grounds of the second Winnipeg City Hall in 1886 and moved to its present site beside the Manitoba Museum and the Centennial Concert Hall in the...

02 October 2012

1886 – Church of Ireland Training College, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Completed in stages from 1886 by T.N. Deane & Son, the hall was constructed first in 1886. This was followed by a library and a model classroom wing...

26 September 2012

1886 – St James Church, Bootle, Liverpool

Architect: Hadfield & Son The foundation stone for the St. James church was laid on the 20 July 1884, twelve months after the building had commenced. It opened in early 1886. When the...