Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1886

06 July 2010

1886 – House at Red Hill, Surrey

Architect: G. Warren Cooper Published in The Building News, December 24th 1886.

04 July 2010

1886 – City Hall, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Barber & Barber A complete Victorian fantasy of a city hall, this the second City Hall for Winnipeg was mired in controversy for its entire lifetime. Disputes over the location, materials used...

28 June 2010

1886 – The Marquis of Granby, Shaftesbury Avenue, London

Architect: Wylson & Long Front Perspective View & ground plans as published in The Building News, September 10th 1886. Still a busy public house, and designed by leading theatre architects Wylson & Long,...

28 June 2010

1886 – Chapel & Crematorium, Ayr, Scotland

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Elevations, Sections, plans & details as published in The Building News, August 6th 1886.

25 June 2010

1886 – Design for State Capitol, Helena, Montana

Architect: George R. Mann A design competition was conducted in 1896 to determine the best suitable design for the capitol building. The commission selected a design by George R. Mann as the winner....

25 June 2010

1886 – Birmingham Assize Courts Competition

The commission was won by Aston Webb & Ingress Bell of London after an open competition to provide the first assize courts in the rapidly growing town of Birmingham, it is faced entirely...

25 June 2010

1890 – New Town Hall, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Architect: William Hill & Charles Bevis A suitable site for a new Town Hall was found at Landport, at what had formerly been the residence of Sir Thomas Ridge, but was at that...

25 June 2010

1886 – St. Georges House, Eastcheap, London

Architect: Delissa Joseph “This block of offices and warerooms, now approaching completion, is situated on the south side of Eastcheap, close to the Monument Station, and occupies an area of 10,000f t., with...

24 June 2010

1886 – Nos. 126-129 Mount Street, London

Architect: W.H. Powell Front Perspective View as published in The Building News, September 17th 1886. Built as designed in with polychromic brickwork, and still in beautiful condition with intact shop facades on the...