Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1887

12 April 2010

1887 – Premier Buildings, Islington, London

Architect: Henry W. Dobb Designed by Henry William Dobb of the firm of Borer and Dobb, and the contractors were the building department of John Barker and Company. Perspective view published in The...

12 April 2010

1887 – Constitutional Club Buildings, Scarborough, Yorkshire

Architect: H. A. Cheers Now home to the Scarborough Conservative Club, the club was purpose built as Scarborough Constitutional Club. The foundation stone was laid on Friday 20th January 1888 by the Rt....

12 April 2010

1887 – Parish Buildings, St. Giles’s, Oxford

Architect: H. Wilkinson Moore In June 1860, the college sold some land in lots for building along the west side of the Woodstock Road, but in the next month the first real step...

12 April 2010

1887 – Capital & Counties Bank, Portsmouth, Hampshire

Architect: J. Henry Ball Over the years, Lloyds Bank has expanded through a series of mergers, including purchasing the Capital and Counties Bank in 1918.

23 February 2010

1887 – Children’s Home, Limpsfield, Surrey

Architect: John Norton “THE opening of the Society’s new Church Missionaries’ Children’s Home at Limpsfield, in Surrey, took place on July 20th, after the August Gleaner had gone to press. We now give...

31 December 2009

1887 – Cavan & Leitrim Railway Station, Dromod, Co. Leitrim

Architect: Board of Works A modest station on the local narrow guage railway, this is a fine little Victorian station with attached stationmaster’s house. Originally the Cavan, Leitrim and Roscommon Light Railway and...

09 December 2009

1887 – Palacio de Cristal, Parque del Buen Retiro, Madrid

Architect: Ricardo Velázquez Bosco The Parque del Buen Retiro (Park of the Pleasant Retreat) is a large and popular, 140 hectare park in Madrid, Spain not far from the Prado Museum. Once outside...

09 December 2009

1887 – Mausoleum of Alfonso XII, Parque del Buen Retiro, Madrid

Architect: Ricardo Velázquez Bosco Within the park is the Estanque del Retiro, a large artificial lake. Next to the lake is the Mausoleum of Alfonso XII, featuring a semicircular collonade and a statue...

24 September 2009

1887 – Derry Guildhall

Architect: J.C. Ferguson / M.A. Robinson The Guildhall was originally built in 1887 by The Honourable The Irish Society at a cost of £19,000.00 and was officially opened in July 1890. Originally designed...