Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1889

06 February 2012

1889 – Post Office, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Architect: Mifflin E. Bell Fine Beaux-Arts post office building that was replaced by an art deco building on a different site in the early 1930s. Demolished in 1960. Designed under supervision of Mifflin...

26 January 2012

1889 – Crawford Municipal Schools of Science & Art, Cork

Architect: Arthur Hill Perpective view published in ‘The Architect’ July 12th, 1889. Previously known as the Cork School of Art, William H. Crawford was induced to support an extension to the school in...

18 October 2011

1889 – Coast Guard Station, Ballydavid, Co. Kerry

Arhitect: Robert Cochrane Standard public works arrangement for coast guard facilities around the coastline. They usually had a terrace of three or more houses with a taller house or tower to one end....

13 July 2011

1889 – Proposed Municipal Buildings, Washington DC

Architect: Willis Jefferson Polk Proposal published in the American Architect and Building News.

13 July 2011

1889 – Miner’s Hospital, Harleton, Pennsylvania

Architect: Benjamin Linfoot Designed for the Board of Public Charities and published in the American Architect and Building News.

12 July 2011

1889 – Church, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Architect: W.G. Malcomson Published in the American Architect and Building News

12 July 2011

1889 – National Bank of Washington, Washington DC

Architect: James G. Hill Published in the American Architect and Building News, March 2 1889.

12 July 2011

1889 – Proposed New York World Building, New York

Architect: R.H. Robertson Unsuccessful competition design published in the American Architect and Building News. The New York World Building was designed by early skyscraper specialist George Browne Post to house the now-defunct newspaper,...

12 July 2011

1889 – Design for Church, Clergy House and Schools, New York

Architect: R.M. Hunt Competitive design for Trinity Corporation for Church, Clergy House and Schools. Published in the American Architect and Building News, March 25 1889.