Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1890

31 December 2012

1893 – Grand Hotel, Bangor, Co. Down

Former landmark on the Bangor waterfront – now replaced with a more modern hotel building. Opened as an hotel in the early 1890s with a ballroom to the rear. By 1930 the Hotel...

16 December 2012

1890 – 119 Alumhurst Road, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: Essex & Nicol Designed for William C. Gindle. The building survives as 119 Alumhurst Road, but lost its decorative top floor to a mansard roof – losing its Victorian grandeur. Published in...

24 October 2012

1890 – St. James Church, Killorglin, Co. Kerry

Architect: Walter G. Doolin Constructed after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of J.J. McCarthy from 1860. The earlier church was a mixture of Early English & Decorated Gothic. As with...

01 August 2012

1890 – Alexander Corner, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Built opposite the Bank of Montreal which was designed by the same architects in a similar style. Demolished.

01 August 2012

1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of...

24 January 2012

1890 – Library, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: In 1913 the first Hamilton Public Library vacated their building, built on Main Street West near James in 1890, and moved across the street into the new Carnegie Library. The City finally...

21 October 2011

1890 – Dromquinna House, Kenmare, Co. Kerry

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed for Sir John Columb around 1889-90. Now run as a countryhouse hotel.

06 July 2011

1890 – Brua Memorial Chapel, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Architect: J.A. Dempwolf Design for a memorial chapel to be erected at Pennsylvania College in Gettysburg. Published in the American Architect and Building News, January 5 1889. The Chapel was completed in 1890....

06 July 2011

1890 – Belvoir Terrace, Lenox, Massachusetts

Architect: Rotch & Tilden Designed by Rotch & Tilden, with landscaping by Frederick Law Olmsted, it was built in 1888-1890 for Morris K. Jesup. From a 1912 postcard.