Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1891

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Bundoran, Co. Donegal

The railway opened in 1886 for the Enniskillen and Bundoran Railway and taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1876. This station was erected in 1891 to replace an old wooden structure....

16 April 2014

1891 – Railway Station, Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William H. Mills Closed in February 1965, it was opened by the Londonderry and Enniskillen Railway in May 1852. It was taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1883. The GNR...

05 January 2014

1891 – General Post Office, Martin Pl., Sydney, Australia

Architect: James Barnet Designed by colonial architect James Barnet, the building was constructed in stages from 1866 to 1891. Barnet’s building features a neo-classical sandstone facade, with a colonnade running around the building...

23 April 2013

1891 – Spa Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Hotel constructed between 1890 and 1891 for the Lucan Hydropathic and Spa Hotel Co. Ltd. The spa associated with this hotel appears to have been discovered in 1758. The water...

21 October 2012

1891 – Allied Irish Bank, Portlaoise, Co. Laois

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Built as a branch for the Munster & Leinster Bank in redbrick with limestone dressings. It is a fine Victorian gothic building with manager`s accommodation alongside with a separate entrance.

01 August 2012

1891 – Government House, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Thomas Fuller Government House was constructed between 1889-91 and was built on a grand scale as a result of the federal government’s desire to have an imposing symbol of its authority in...

03 July 2012

1891 – Deaf & Dumb Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Constructed on Portage Avenue in two stages. Demolished in 1959.

03 July 2012

1891 – No.40 Wigmore Street, London

Architect: T.E. Collcutt Front Elevation published in The Building News, July 3rd 1891. Ground floor now hosts a Gaggenau Showroom.

11 June 2012

1891 – St. Peters Church, Norton-on-Derwent, Yorkshire

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Published in The Building News, December 30th 1887. Constructed largely as illustrated between 1889-91.