Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1892

16 February 2010

1892 – Post Office, James Street, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland Fine little post office and adjoined sorting office by architect J. Howard Pentland. The Board of Works at this time was producing fine post offices across Ireland with a...

05 February 2010

1892 – Roberts House, Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: L.A. McDonnell The finest building in the zoo, this little gem is still in use and maintained in good condition. A decorative brick exterior masks a wonderful toplit interior space with fine...

04 February 2010

1892 – Mercantile Seaman Office, Eden Quay, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland A stern stone-faced building both in material and aspect, the Mercantile Seaman Office is a late 19th century commercial building in very unusual style. Unusual for Dublin, stylistically a...

07 January 2010

1892 – St. Mary’s Church, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: P.J. Dodd Designed by a local architect, P.J. Dodd, St Mary’s is another large Catholic church in a gothic style. The exterior is dominated by the slender tower and spire. At ground...

06 January 2010

1892 – St. Joseph’s Redemptorist Church and Monastery, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Built in two phases, the monastery 1879-1880, and the church 1890-1892, both designed by G.C. Ashlin and finished in Newry granite. It by James McAdorey, a Belfast man who had...

17 December 2009

1892 – Knox Presbyterian Church, Neepawa, Manitoba

Architect: James H. McDonald Knox Presbyterian is an excellent example of the evolution of the Romanesque Revival style in rural Canada. It features rusticated stone surfaces, round-arched windows and a pyramidal bell tower....

11 December 2009

1892 – Ontario Legislature, Toronto, Ontario

Architects: Richard A. Waite In the mid-1880s a fashion for American architecture brought the style of Boston architect Henry Hobson Richardson north. Known as Richardsonian Romanesque, the style featured massive blocks of rough-hewn...

11 December 2009

1892 – Gooderham Building, Toronto, Ontario

Architect: David Roberts Jr. The building was commissioned by George Gooderham to house the head offices of his Gooderham & Worts distilling company. Wedged into the confluence of Wellington and Front Street East,...

09 December 2009

1892 – Atocha Railway Station, Madrid

Architect: Alberto de Palacio Elissagne & Gustave Eiffel The station was Madrid’s first railway station. It was inaugurated on 9 February 1851 under the name Estación de Mediodía (South Station). After the building...