Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1894

06 December 2013

1894 – St. John’s Vicarage, Surrey Road, Bournemouth, Dorset

Architect: T. Stevens Published in The Building News, February, 1894.

08 August 2013

1894 – De La Salle College, Waterford, Co. Waterford

Architect: W.H. Byrne The De La Salle Brothers arrived in the city in 1870 and opened a successful primary school at Patrick Street in Waterford city. In 1887, the search began for a...

21 March 2013

1894 – Town Hall, Newry, Co. Down

Architect: William Batt Sited on a bridge over the river, and thus straddling the two counties that Newry connects. It took two architectural competitions to decide on a design for the new town...

11 June 2012

1894 – Ivydene, Little Switzerland, Douglas, Isle of Man

Architect: M. Baillie Scott House built in the area known as Little Switzerland. Perspective View including plan published in The Building News, March 9th 1894. Baillie Scott is famous for his architecture, interior...

29 November 2011

1894 – Norquay School, Lusted Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Creeford Browne Designed by local architect George Creeford Browne, the three-storey building was expanded in 1902, and further renovations were made in 1911 and 1920. It was demolished around 1956 and...

12 April 2011

1894 – Former Power’s Distillery Warehouse, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Former warehouse and entrance archway for Power’s Distillery, now the National College of Art & Design.

02 March 2011

1894 – Lutherkirche, Apolda, Germany

Architect: Professor Johannes Otzen Apolda was first mentioned in 1119. Until 1633 it was seat of a family of nobles, the Vitzthums, which acted relatively independent. Between 1633 and World War I Apolda...

07 February 2011

1894 – Stock Exchange Building, Chicago

Architect: Adler & Sullivan Widely considered an architectural masterpiece, the thirteen-story building incorporated Sullivan’s signature ornamentation thatcombined geometric forms with expressions of natural foliage. The Stock Exchange was demolished in 1972, and is...

04 January 2011

1894 – Teachers College, 120th St., New York

Architect: Parish & Schroeder Teachers College was founded by the philanthropist Grace Hoadley Dodge and philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler to provide a new kind of schooling for the teachers of disadvantaged children in...


Skip to toolbar