Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1894

31 May 2010

1894 – St.Katherine’s Lodge, Regents Park, London

Architect: Lee & Pain Perspective View, Elevations & small plan as published in The Building News, October 5th 1894.

29 May 2010

1894 – Bryngwyn, Herefordshire

Architect: Fred. R Kempson Published in The Building News, March 16th 1894.

07 April 2010

1894 – Arnott’s, Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Ireland’s largest single department store, and one of the biggest in Europe when it is extended into Independent House on Abbey Street. A grandiose Victorian design, the building has suffered...

17 February 2010

1894 – No.22 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan A very prominent building on the end of the triangle formed by D’Olier and Westmoreland Streets and facing right down the centre of O’Connell Street. Designed to look like a...

27 January 2010

1973 – St Michael’s Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy / Sean Rothery, Pearse McKenna, Naois O’Dowd In 1968, the fine Gothic church design by Dublin City Architect C.J. MaCarthy, himself the son of leading church architect J.J. McCarthy, burned...

20 January 2010

1894 – St. Mary’s Church, Haddington Road, Dublin

Architects: Charles Geoghegan, J.J. O’Callaghan & W.G. Doolin St Mary’s is the product of the work of several architects. In 1839 the original church on the site was constructed. In 1879, the rounded...

06 January 2010

1894 – Clarke Station, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: William H. Mills Built to replace a station originally designed by Sir John MacNeil around 1850, Clarke Station is situated at track level beneath the surrounding street level and is the finest...

14 December 2009

1894 – Cathédrale Marie-Reine-du-Monde, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: Fr. Joseph Michaud Designed to replace the former Saint-Jacques Cathedral which had burned in 1852, the ishop Mgr. Ignace Bourget wanted to create a scale model of Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome....

07 October 2009

1893 – Pavilion, Maria Luisa Park, Seville, Spain

Most of the grounds that form Maria Luisa Park, were formerly the gardens of the Palace of San Telmo, and were donated in 1893 for use as a public park. Starting in 1911,...