Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1895

27 May 2015

1895 – Galtee Castle, Skeheenarinky, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Alfred Darbyshire Originally constructed as a hunting lodge for the 2nd Earl of Kingston, ca 1780, and later remodeled in 1825 by the 3rd Earl. In the 1850s, the Kingstons were forced...

03 March 2015

1895 – Whitla Street Fire Station, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: J.C. Bretland Demolished in the early 1970s for a modern replacement, after the area was cleared for a motorway. Josiah Corbett Bretland was Borough surveyor of Belfast between 1884-1903. As city surveyor...

09 July 2014

1895 – Railway Station, Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim

Architect: Berkeley Deane Wise Mock Tudor station, constructed to replace the station of 1862 that was destroyed by fire, for Belfast & Northern Counties Railway Co. Still in use today by Northern Ireland...

12 February 2014

1895 – London & Counties Bank, Wimbledon, London

Architect: Cheston & Perkin Horace Cheston and his former assistant Joseph Craddock Perkin practised in partnership in London from 1892 to 1913. Finished in redbrick, sandstone trimming and terracotta. Now a branch of...

06 December 2013

1895 – “Churchcroft”, Puttenham, Surrey

Architect: Halsey Ricardo Illustration including ground plans. Published in The Building News 22nd March 1895

06 November 2012

1895 – Presbytery, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: W.H. Byrne Solid late-Victorian house with bay windows on several sides, and rather awkward decorative pediments over paired ground-floor windows..

01 August 2012

1895 – Post Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Post office and Federal Office by Dominion architect Thomas Fuller on 8th Avenue. Demolished circa 1929.

02 July 2012

1895 – House at Chippenham, Wiltshire

Architect: T.B. Silcock Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, November 8th 1895.

06 March 2012

1895 – Proposed Country Church, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Edward Gabriel Published in The Building News, November 1st 1895.