Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1895

06 May 2010

1895 – Country House at Bedford, Bedfordshire

Architect: Baillie Scott & Seton Morris Published in The Building News, August 30th 1895.

04 May 2010

1895 – House for Dr. Brown, Higher Broughton, Manchester

Architect: Charles Heathcote Published in The Building News, March 1st 1895.

21 April 2010

1895 – Dalnavert House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Designated a National Historic Site, this fine Victorian era house is considered one of the best examples in western Canada. It was built in 1895 for Sir Hugh John...

07 April 2010

1895 – Former Hospital, North Brunswick Street, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Bachelor Now in use as a district court, this is a fine former hospital building with an elaborate street frontage with corner pavilions. Like many buildings around Ireland that were...

18 February 2010

1895 – The Stags Head, Dame Court, Dublin

Architect: Alfred I. McGloughlin One of Dublin’s most lavish late Victorian pubs, The Stags Head was built in 1895. It is for a reason that Dublin barmen were known as curates and this...

06 January 2010

1895 – Church, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: William Hague Designed by prominent church architect William Hague, this church of 1896 is attached to an earlier convent. A cruciform plan, the tower and spire is attached to the southern transept,...

31 December 2009

1895 – Gainsborough House, Northgate St., Athlone, Co. Westmeath

Unusual arrangement of bay window and shopfront set into a tall flattened archway, flanked by a round headed window. With some cleaning and sympathetic design, this could be a really fine addition to...

31 December 2009

1895 – Masonic Hall, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: Henry Seaver Designed by Belfast architect Henry Seaver, this distinctive brick Arts and Crafts building, sited on rising land, is a prominent local landmark with a tower with a richly moulded terracotta...

30 December 2009

1895 – Gillooly Memorial Hall, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: P.J. Kilgallen Built to commemorate the deceased Bishop Gillooly who was a campaigner against alcohol. The interior is classic victorian – polished mahogany and leaded glass. The exterior is grim and foreboding,...